Thursday, July 25, 2013

Blog Post 5


Megan Gill

Mrs. Wilhelmus

AP English

23 July 2013

Hidden in the Rabbit's Fur

The philosopher's belief system that I mostly thought was accurate was Plato's. The way that he put everything just made sense inside of my head. I am a Christian and Plato's thoughts were a lot like the Christian belief's. The two had a lot of similarities and even when his teachings were not exactly like that in the bible I could most definitely see why he would think that. The teachings of Aristotle were the ones that I did not agree with. Only a few things that he said did not make sense but for the most part I could see where he was coming from.

Aristotle said that everything came from a few different elements and also says that “nothing exists in consciousness that has not been experienced by the senses”. Neither of these do I agree with. I know that all humans are made up of cells and that these cells have also been inside most everything else on the earth at one time or another. This does not mean that I am made up of dirt and other such substances. Everything can break down after enough time but does that mean that it was made out of whatever it breaks down to be?

Also, if someone across the world is living but I do not know them nor have I seen, heard, touched, smelled, or tasted them does that mean that they do not exist to me? Of course these people must be alive although I do not know who they are. They are in existence. They live and breathe, they get sick and die. Just because I do not know them and have not seen them does not mean that they are not there, living, on the other side of the world.

If I were to choose where in the rabbit's fur that I resided I would choose somewhere in the middle. I have my views on life and I am sticking with them, but I am always willing to learn about
different belief systems and take them in as well. No one person should be too stubborn not to learn what others believe. You cannot say that you believe one thing over another without knowing why other people believe the way that they do.
I will always be somewhere in the middle of the rabbit's fur. I am hard headed and I most likely will never believe in anything other than what I have been raised believing. I love to learn about what other people believe and I think that philosophy for the most part is really intriguing. Everyone on this earth has had to create a hypothesis before for a science class. This is how I think about philosophy. Everyone has the right to their own opinions. They can choose to believe whatever they want. They can sit and ponder how the world came about and make their own philosophies based on research or just thoughts that came across their minds.
It is always nice to hear what other people think. I am open to other people's thoughts and I actually like to hear about them. Although it is not what I believe it still gets my brain going and then I start to create my own what if's. Like what if the sun was heaven or what if we are all fake and just figments of someone's imagination. Who knows because we can never be for sure. The universe is a big place and there is so much out there that we do not understand. No one should every be completely hidden in the rabbit's fur. There is so much out there that people should be open to learning about.

1 comment:

  1. Some convention/spelling errors in this post; however, overall you had excellent thoughts in your submissions on the blog. I especially liked your thoughts here at the end on where you stand on the "rabbit's fur." 19/20

    ReplyDelete